Feb 16, 2012

Candy Tin Roses

Valentine’s Day held a hidden surprise inside my box of chocolate!  Just like Forest Gump, you never know what your gonna get…….
This lovely tin had soft roses raised on the lid.  I turned it over and saw with my metal clay eyes, Rose Molds!
After taking a bit of left over clay and kneading it with a drop or two of water, it was perfect for pressing into one of the rose shapes.  I used a little silicone hand lotion on the lid and the clay came right off the mold, shaped so softly like a rose.


With just a bit of sanding and after firing with a torch, I had a gorgeous fine silver rose with delicate detail and curves that were smooth.
I burnished a tiny spot on the back to solder on a bail.  The bail is handmade from sterling wire, stamped with “love”.

This necklace is so feminine and brings to mind something that a bride would wear on her honeymoon!  I crocheted wire with glass beads to make the chain, which ends with a few inches of Rollo chain behind the neck for comfort.
Like is like a box of chocolates!

No comments:

Post a Comment