Feb 1, 2011

Metal Clay Heads Team Challenge “My Favorite Place”

Laissez les bon temps rouler! Let the good times roll! When is Mardi Gras?
Mardi Gras 2011 Dates : Jan 6th thru March 8th!

Silver Art Clay Mardi Gras Mask by York Avenue Studio

The Etsy team Metal Clay Heads has a Team Challenge every other month to create and submit an original piece of jewelry made from precious metal clay.  The January challenge was titled “My Favorite Place”.  This pendant was inspired by that challenge:

This is a fine silver pendant, handcrafted and designed by me to represent the Big Easy, the Crescent City, my Favorite Place, NEW ORLEANS!

This Mardi Gras Mask has a harlequin design, with a genuine Garnet gemstone and black and blue polymer inlay accents for color!  The 1 inch mask is .999 pure silver and has a matte white finish, like theater makeup, which is the natural oxidization from torch firing.  Hidden beneath the finish is the most shiny silver , the most gleaming metal of all precious metals.  I kept this “hidden” to keep with the theme of the Masquerade! While you are wearing this mask you can hold it up for a mini instant disguise!

My favorite place is New Orleans!  There isn’t anywhere in the world that I would rather be than visiting the French Quarter.  There are festivals almost daily for music, art, food, fun, history, etc.  Steering clear of Bourbon Street, I spend most of my visits there browsing unique shops that sell candles, art, perfume, jewelry and treats!  There are so many amazing people that work and live there and I will never get bored of the jazzy sounds, the spicy smells of Cajun food, the Pecan Prailines, the Coffee Shops, the lush green foliage, even the muggy heat!

If you go there, take the Jazz Steamboat Dinner Cruise or visit the Aquarium and the Zoo.  The St. Charles Streetcar is back now!  Visit the Garden District and the glorious Historic Homes!  Try a Muffalata sandwich with chopped olive salad on top and have a Bloody Mary for breakfast!  Got an hour, I’ll give you the short version of why I love New Orleans!

Silver Art Clay Mardi Gras Mask by York Avenue Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment