Feb 11, 2011

Tiny Kitty Cat on Brick Wall Fine Silver Charm Pendant

Tiny Kitty Sitting on a Brick Wall (and PB cookies!) by York Avenue Studio

Can you tell I was in a baking mood?  I made Peanut Butter Cookies using the classic recipe from Better Homes and Gardens.  My poor cookbook is all in pieces and taped at the binding!

Using Silver Art Clay, I hand sculpted this little kitten to sit on a brick wall, looking up into the night sky at the stars and moon. There is a crescent moon on top and a hidden heart in the stars!

I like the uneven edges of this piece, which are smooth, but not cookie-cutter because I like the impression that the scene continues beyond the pendant. I pictured this design in a nighttime setting with the moon glowing blue and the pendant shining in the moon‘s reflection, catching the highlights. The hidden heart is just under the kitten’s left ear, upside down in the starry sky background!

Moonlight Glow of Blue on Tiny Kitty Highlighting the Details

About silver metal clay:
Metal clay is made up of recycled silver grains mixed with binder ingredients which forms the consistency of clay. The wet clay can be molded and shaped, then dried, fired in a kiln or torched, and the end result is 99.9 pure silver in the exact shape of the design! Because this is pure silver, without any alloy metal , the jewelry may lack the full strength of sterling silver but is a wonderful alternative for those with metal allergies. With care, pure silver jewelry will be treasured for a lifetime. People collect silver dollars, and this pure silver jewelry also makes a wonderful investment or heirloom piece.

I'd love to hear your comments!

Tiny Kitty Sitting on a Brick Wall Gazing at the Crescent Moon by York Avenue Studio

1 comment:

  1. That's really cool. I swear, there's a box of PMC around here somewhere, but I've never had the guts to open it. I can't believe how incredibly chicken I am about it!

    ReplyDelete